The governance of Portswood Primary Academy Trust is by a Board of Trustees. Key Benefits for Portswood Primary Academy Trust and St Mary’s CE Primary School:
• Strong support and challenge from the Executive Board
• Specialist coaches and advisers provide support and expertise
• Trust policies and procedure are relevant to all the Schools
• High quality CPD is provided – joint training sessions across the Schools are valued
• Excellent Professional Development opportunities are available – staff are encouraged to work across more than one School
• Access to high quality shared services e.g. HR, IT, finance
• Value for money services and economies of scale are procured
I worked as a secondary school teacher and am now an independent education consultant. My work over the years has involved teacher training, being a GCSE Chief Examiner, facilitating on national leadership programmes, assessing schools for national quality marks in ICT and E-Safety and working for a local authority. I have been a school governor since 2002 and am currently designated as a National Leader of Governance.
I have been a governor at Portswood Primary for a number of years and Chair of Curriculum and SEN in my time.
Currently working in the social housing sector full time as well as in my final in completing my PhD at the University of Southampton.
I have a passion for children to learn in an environment in which they can be supported and enjoy their learning experience, this is the primary reason why I have become a director for the PPAT as I know we can deliver on this.
I have worked in the private and public sectors in secretarial and management positions. The majority of my employment was working for Southampton Solent University in management roles with responsibilities for awards, assessments, graduation ceremonies and academic/professional quality management.
I became a member of the British Empire for Services to Higher Education in the 2001 Queen’s Birthday Honours.
My involvement with the Portswood Primary Academy Trust is as a Foundation Governor of St Mary’s CE Primary School.
With around 10 years experience I know what a vital role Governors play in ensuring the best possible education that prepares all pupils for life and the workplace of the future. I have lived in Hampshire for over 25 years and being a director of the Trust is one of the ways I contribute to my local community.